Gender equality is a major subject these days, yet that statement still makes many uneasy. The topic of menstruation is still considered taboo, and while many organisations are working hard to erase the stigma and abolish period poverty, there is still a long way to go.
We are ardent believers in breaking the silence, raising awareness, and changing unfavorable societal norms around menstruation hygiene all over the world, so that women and girls feel empowered. We should live in a society where no woman or girl is restricted because of something as natural and normal as menstruation.
Top 10 Products for Women Health and Hygiene
- Pee Safe Toilet Seat Sanitizer Spray: The hygiene levels are affected whenever you use a public restroom. Using a toilet seat sanitiser will assist you in removing germs from the toilet seat, doorknobs, handles, and other surfaces. This toilet seat sanitiser can even prevent you against UTIs when using a public toilet by eradicating the bacteria. After applying the spray, you only need to wait 10 seconds.
- Lifebuoy Alcohol-Based Hand Sanitizer: A hand sanitizer is another must-have item that you should always include in your suitcase to preserve personal hygiene. It will assist you in eliminating germs from your hands without the need of water. This sanitiser contains glycerin, which keeps your hands soft even after several applications. You can purchase a bottle of sanitiser in the size that best suits your needs.
- Disposable Toilet Seat Covers: When utilising a public restroom, flushable toilet seat coverings will assist you in maintaining intimate hygiene levels. Because they are flushable, you will have no trouble removing the covers from the surface of a toilet seat. Because this is a lightweight and portable pack, you can simply transport these seat coverings in your backpack.
- Clean and Dry Powder: To maintain your intimate hygiene, you must keep your delicate skin clean and dry to prevent bacteria development. This may be tough to do when travelling. So, by utilising this intimate powder, you may maintain your intimate cleanliness. It eliminates excessive dryness and keeps you comfortable at all times.
- DivaCup Menstrual Cup: The Diva Menstrual Cup, perhaps the most well-known of its kind, has over 4,000 5-star ratings on Amazon from customers who claim it’s “very easy to use” and so pleasant they “can’t even feel it while it’s inside.” Furthermore, this one product will cover you for every period for up to a year, saving you money in the long run if you transition from disposable goods..
- Pee Buddy Funnels Disposable Female Urination Device: When you are on a road trip, it might be tough to find a restroom. Alternatively, you may not want to sit on a dirty and damp toilet seat due to the danger of infection. In such cases, using this disposable female urine funnel will assist you in reducing the danger of infection. These funnels are simple to use and leakproof, ensuring adequate hygiene at all times.
- Sanitary Disposable Bags: There are times when you need to get rid of menstrual hygiene products, pads, tampons, and other items. Carrying sanitary disposal bags in your bag is an excellent way to ensure appropriate waste disposal. The disposal bags may be used to dispose of sanitary pads, tampons, condoms, baby diapers, panty liners, and other items. You don’t have to worry about increasing your household’s plastic trash because these disposal bags are biodegradable.
- Peesafe Natural Intimate Wipes: Users must have used intimate wash several times in order to maintain intimate hygiene standards. However, utilising intimate wash on the move may be impossible because to a lack of water. Having intimate wipes in your purse might therefore prevent you from a variety of illnesses. These wipes can be used to relieve discomfort in your intimate region, after using a public restroom, and for other purposes. To limit the possibilities of infection, these wipes are paraben-free.
- Cotton Tampons with BPA-Free Plastic Compact Applicator: Amazon customers appear to enjoy the feminine hygiene brand Cora, particularly the firm’s soothing, organic cotton tampons. As an extra incentive to choose organic, each purchase supports Cora’s philanthropic efforts to donate period products and educate girls in need.
- Bamboo Viscose Fiber Brief Menstrual Leakproof Panties: Period panties are a popular feminine hygiene product that you may not have tried yet, but Amazon is making this new self-care trend simple and inexpensive. These period underwear, available in sets of two, three, or five, are constructed of Bamboo Viscose Fiber and Spandex, making them comfortable and simple to move in. Some reviewers suggest using these in conjunction to your regular period products (rather than alone) and say they’re excellent leak protectors..
Top 7 Tips for Women Health and Hygiene
- Hygenic Workplaces: Feminine hygiene is crucial and must be practised both at home and at work. According to statistics, women make up around 48.5% of the global workforce. A clean workplace will go a long way toward establishing a healthy environment, lowering the likelihood of employees being unwell. A healthy worker is more satisfied and productive at work. Organizations can create an official policy that workers must read and follow.
- Businesses are responsible for maintaining good menstrual hygiene management in the workplace. Organizations must guarantee that women do not go without basic necessities on the most critical days. Businesses must consider a number of variables when handling menstrual hygiene management in the workplace. A well-developed menstrual hygiene system in businesses will go a long way toward improving the working conditions for women. Menstrual Hygiene Management encompasses a wide range of issues that must be addressed by every organisation.
- Menstrual Waste Disposal: Furthermore, companies must address menstrual waste disposal issues. Tampons and sanitary napkins must be disposed of in a timely manner. Proper sanitary product disposal will assist to reduce health and environmental risks.
- Organizations can use incinerators to burn sanitary trash at high temperatures to dispose of the waste from sanitary items. This approach may aid in the reduction of trash and the transmission of infectious diseases. Additionally, employers can provide period leave or a work-from-home option to allow women to function comfortably during their most difficult days.
- Sanitary Products: Another factor why most women avoid work on their period days is financial restraints, which frequently result in an inability to acquire sanitary items. Organizations should make plans to install free sanitary napkin or tampon dispensers in workplaces. Such organisational actions will foster a favourable atmosphere for women. Furthermore, if any female experiences an unexpected onset of periods, the availability of sanitary items at work might rescue her.
- IPV Prevention: Intimate partner violence (IPV) can range from a single incidence of violence with long-term consequences to more frequent and severe occurrences over several years. Physical and sexual assault, stalking, and psychological hostility are all examples of IPV behaviours. There are several harmful health consequences related with IPV. These include cardiac, digestive, reproductive, muscle and bone, and neurological system disorders, as well as mental health issues such as depression and posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms (PTSD).
- It is critical to understand and address the elements that put people at risk of or protect them from intimate partner violence in order to avoid it. Communities may assist avoid the detrimental and long-term impacts of IPV on people, families, and communities by promoting healthy, respectful, and nonviolent interactions.