An excess of uric acid in the body begins to deposit on the joints. As a result, a person starts to feel pain in his joints and more complications appear. Therefore, it is very necessary to reduce uric acid-fast and at the earliest. Hyperuricemia, however, can be effectively treated by certain Ayurvedic medicines and natural home remedies.
Home Remedies To Reduce Uric Acid
When there is a need to reduce uric acid, a thoughtful change in your dietary lifestyle can help.
If you are overweight, try considering weight loss. That is because the extra fat in the body increases the break-down of purine. Moreover, obesity also prevents the expulsion of uric acid through urination.
Another easy to apply home remedy is water. Frequent consumption of water flushes out uric acid through urination. Set your target to drink one gallon of water daily.
How water flushes out uric acid ?
If you have a uric acid problem, make sure you drink plenty of water. Water dilutes uric acid while also stimulating the kidneys. As a result, uric acid is excreted from the body through the urine.
If your uric acid is borderline, begin drinking 3 to 4 litres of water per day. Water also aids in the elimination of toxins from the body. Uric acid, like salt, dissolves immediately in water. That is, the more liquid uric acid there is in the body, the faster it will leave. As a result, in the case of elevated uric acid, doctors advise drinking as much water as possible.
Dietary Modifications : What to eat?
In high uric acid, make a distance with protein-rich foods to prevent the body from making extra purine. Take more fibre rich vegetables and prefer fruits like oranges in moderation. These foods are good for uric acid because they increase urination and prevent gout.
- Cook your food in olive oil.
- Eat Vitamin C rich foods
- Consume fruits like cranberries, cherries and strawberries
- Drink lemon water as it dissolves uric crystals.
- Eat foods that are rich in fibre.
Dietary Modifications : What to avoid?
Purine is the main culprit of increased uric acid in the body. Hence, you need to stay away from foods rich in purine like red meat, argon meat, fish and seafood.
- Avoid canned food products.
- Only consume low-fat milk.
- Stop drinking beer and alcohol immediately.
- Restrict Omega-3 Fatty Acid rich food in this condition.
- Do not eat bakery products like pastry cake and pen cake.
Uric Acid reduction: Homemade Juice & drinks
Introduce, coconut water in your daily route as it helps to prevent kidney stones. Likewise, the carrot juice added with beetroot and cucumber juice is another effective dietary remedy for high uric acid. Other effective beverages are:
- Baking Soda with Water: Mix a teaspoon of baking soda into a glass of water and sip it. The drink dissolves uric acid crystals, which are then eliminated by urination.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Drink a glass of water with 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar three times a day to get quick results against hyperuricemia.
- Aloe vera- Amla juice: Is aloe vera good for uric acid? Of course, because it is also a natural pain killer! So, consuming the juice of aloe vera with amla (Indian gooseberry) definitely benefits.
- Bathua Leaves: The juice of Bathua Leaves (Chenopodium album) on an empty stomach prevents the deterioration of uric acid to gout.
Herbs, Nuts & Spices for Uric cure
- Dry Fruits: If you eat two or three walnuts on an empty stomach every day, uric acid will gradually decline.
- Ashwagandha & Honey Mix: To treat uric acid rise naturally, combine one teaspoon of ashwagandha powder and one teaspoon of honey in a glass of hot milk.
- Chew flex seeds Chewing a spoonful of flax seeds after a half-hour meal often brings relief.
- Carom Seeds: Carom Seeds (Ajwain) is an Ayurvedic medicine to reduces uric acid fast naturally.
Uric Acid Treatment in Homeopathy
In allopathic uric acid treatment, there is a risk of medication adverse effects. Homeopathy – another popular alternative medicine system, has some excellent uric acid control drugs, that can reduce uric acid levels quickly. Berberis vulgaris, urtica urens, colchicum 30, and lycopodium 30 are powerful homoeopathic remedies that help decrease uric acid levels swiftly.
Cure for Uric Acid in Ayurveda
Kaishore Guggulu, Punarnava, Amla, and Aloe Vera are some of the Ayurvedic medications that can treat high uric acid levels. However, using some drugs or herbs on your own can get you into problems. As a result, only utilise them after consulting with an ayurvedic specialist. Because they can treat you more effectively based on your situation.
Papaya Tea for Uric Acid
In Ayurveda, papaya has long been a magical ayurvedic treatment of joint pain. Interestingly, it is also effectively used in ancient medicine system for reducing an increased uric acid level.
You can also have papaya as a tea for alternate treatment!
Preparing Papaya Herbal Tea in 4 steps
- Take green papaya and cut it into small pieces.
- Separate the seeds and boil the pieces in 2-litres of water for five minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon of green tea to this water.
- Finally, filter the water and have it like tea 2 times a day.