Rheumatoid arthritis – an auto-immune disease, is a common type of arthritis that still baffle scientists. In this disease, the patient gets swelling in the joints of bones and pain starts in the joints. A careful diet plan for Rheumatoid Arthritis can reduce the suffering of patients. Find out an Indian diet plan for Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Does diet affect arthritis?
Rheumatoid arthritis natural treatments certainly include a healthy diet, even if it usually necessitates medical intervention. The rheumatoid arthritis diet, importantly, is essentially an anti-inflammatory diet because of its inflammatory nature. Hence, Even while a healthy diet need not necessarily cure rheumatoid arthritis, an anti-inflammatory diet will definitely help. Furthermore, the diet must include a lot of fresh produce, healthy fats, and whole grains. On the contrary, processed foods, refined grains, and sugar need to be avoided.
Maca and Tribulus Herbs Powdered Supplements
The powdered supplements like Maca and Tribulus may help in treating symptoms of arthritis. There are some studies that suggest that Maca may improve joint mobility and reduce pain in people with osteoarthritis. Similarly, some studies have found that Tribulus may have anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, which could provide relief from pain and swelling associated with arthritis.
Suggested Indian Diet Plan for Arthritis
- Wake up in the morning and drink 1 glass of lukewarm water on an empty stomach before cleaning your teeth.
- Take Amla i.e. Indian Gooseberry and Aloe Vera juice before breakfast.
Let us find out a diet chart plan that is effective in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- 1 Cup low-fat milk tea/coffee
- 2-3 multigrain Biscuit / Poha / Upma (semolina) / Oatmeal (Namkeen) / Sprouted grains / 2 thin rotis (Patanjali mixed grain flour) + 1 bowl Vegetable / Fruit Salad (Banana , Apple, papaya)
- 1 or 2 thin Rotis
- 1 bowl green vegetables (boiled) + 1 bowl dal moong (thin) + 1 plate salad.
Evening Breakfast Plan
- Any low-fat Beverage
- 2 biscuits / Vegetable Soup.
- 1 or 2 thin Rotis
- 1 bowl fibrous green vegetables + 1 bowl dal moong (thin)
Take 0-15 ml castor oil with 1 cup milk / lukewarm water 30 minutes before bedtime.
In Arthritis your focus should be to
- Prevent injury of the organs.
- Keep your body moving by exercising.
- Losing or Regulating weight
- Less stretching.
Things to keep in mind in rheumatoid arthritis:
- Practice meditation and yoga daily.
- Must have a fresh and warm meal.
- Eat slowly in a quiet place with a calm, positive and happy mind.
- Eat three to four times.
- Not give up a meal at any time although avoid excessive food.
- Fasting once a week.
- Chew the food properly and eat slowly.
- Wake up early preferably before sunrise.
- Brush your teeth two times daily.
- Do a tongue cleaning every day.
- Take a walk for 3-5 minutes after having a meal.
- Do not stay awake until very late at night.
Rheumatoid Arthritis causes
Ageing and unhealthy food are suspected to cause rheumatoid arthritis (arthritis). It is observed that rheumatoid arthritis is more common in women mostly occurring after the age of 40. Also, persistently high levels of uric acid in the body triggers Rheumatoid arthritis.
Best Fruits for Rheumatoid Arthritis in India
Certain fruits are thought to help with rheumatoid arthritis. Among these, olive oil, blueberries, and green tea have been shown to be the most effective in combating the symptoms of crippling conditions. In fact, medicinal studies in India point to oranges, grapefruits, and limes as the best fruits with widespread availability.
Patients suffering from inflammatory diseases such as RA should include these fruits in their diet to slow the progression of the disease. In essence, eating certain dietary fibres, vegetables, and fruits on a regular basis aids in the removal of toxins that cause inflammation and damage.
Spices best in Arthritis
- Turmeric: Curcumin in Turmeric, is a potent anti-inflammatory compound which reduces the pain.
- Black pepper: piperine – an active ingredient in the spice reduces the inflammation naturally.
- Garlic: The antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties in sulphur found in garlic is beneficial in Rheaumatoid arthritis.
- Cinnamon: The Cinnamaldehyde of Cinnamon not only fights infection but also inflammation caused by the bone disorder.
- Ginger: Ginger contains a polyphenol called gingerol which reduces the soreness and increased pain.
- Clove: Eugenol – a compound in clove is a natural immunosuppressant and provides a relief in RHA.
- Saffron: Crocin, one of the main compounds in saffron, has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties, and is effective in treating people who suffer from joint pain.
Beverages best in Rheumatoid Arthritis
Juices: Juices of tomato, orange, carrot and, pineapple are rich in vitamins, an antioxidant that can fight free radicals that cause inflammation. The arthritis flare-ups can be prevented and symptoms reduced by drinking tart cherry juice. In fact, small servings of cherries also makes you poop fast.
Water: Hydration is vital for cleaning toxins from your body, which can aid in the fight against inflammation. Sufﬁcient water consumption can help keep your joints greased and help lessen the severity of arthritis. Water before a meal can also keep you full less and lose some weight.
Tea: Green, black and white teas are all rich in polyphenols and some benefits for arthritis patients. Its strong anti-inflammatory effect, thus, preserving cartilages and bone. They need to be consumed in moderation and preferably be added with lemons to reap benefits in the Indian diet plan for Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Coffee: The role of coffee in increasing rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is still inconclusive. Still, patients with arthritis should consume coffee in moderation.
Foods to take in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Grains: old rice (because rice grains are more dried and dehydrated), wheat, barley.
- Lentils: Arhar (pigeon peas), Moong(mung bean), Masoor Dal(red lentil).
- Fruits and vegetables: apple, papaya, drumstick, Tinda(Indian round gourd), parwal(pointed guard), lauki(bottle guard), cucumber, bitter gourd.
- Other: Bitter foods like celery, ginger, fennel, asafetida, black salt, oil, lukewarm water, black pepper, rock salt, coriander, garlic, cumin, ghee, castor oil, lukewarm water, creamless milk, buttermilk, Punarnava (Punarnava homoeopathy medicine).
Foods to Avoid in Arthritis Disease
Rheumatoid Arthritis (arthritis) patients must avoid these food items
- Grain: New rice, Maida (refined wheat).
- Lentils: Kala chana (black chickpeas), Kabuli chana (garbanzo beans), chana(chickpea), peas.
- Fruits and Vegetables: Potatoes and other root vegetables, mustard vegetables, ladyfinger, Arabic.
- Others: Yoghurt, fish, jaggery, milk, excess salt, cold drinks, food infected with fungus, impure water, cold food, chilled water, dry vegetable, fried and hard-to-digest food.
- Strictly Avoid – Oily spicy food, pickles, excess oil in food, increased salt cold drinks, foods prepared from refined flour, alcohol, fast foods, soft drinks, junk food, canned foods, non-vegetarian soups.