Bikram Yoga and Astanga yoga are two most popular yoga poses that help reduce weight. The deep breathing and relaxation techniques employed during these yoga asanas can help to reduce cortisol levels in the body, reducing the storage of fat around the midsection. Let us find out more about these yoga positions to reduce weight.
Bikram Yoga is the one that is preferred by the celebrities and sports persons. It is a combination of calmer yoga techniques with the fat burning workout. This yoga doesn’t allow the person to relax.
It will increase the heart beat further and will burn the fat for more than twenty minutes after the exercise. User need to do it for more than half an hour to get the real form of losing the weight.
Bikram Yoga will increase the mind capacity. It will increase the concentration, patience and the self control of the mind.
Things that matter in Bikram Yoga
- Find a qualified instructor: Look for a qualified Bikram yoga instructor, preferably one who has studied with Bikram Choudhury himself.
- Wear comfortable clothing: Choose clothing that is comfortable but form-fitting. This will help you move freely during the practice.
- Hydrate: Make sure to drink plenty of water before, during, and after your practice.
- Warm up: Begin your practice with a few minutes of gentle stretching and deep breathing. This will help you get your body ready for the poses.
- Follow the sequence: Bikram yoga follows a set sequence of 26 postures and two breathing exercises. This sequence is designed to warm up your body and help you move into the postures with ease.
- Listen to your body: Bikram yoga is a challenging practice, but you should never push yourself too far. Listen to your body and take breaks as needed.
- Cool down: When you finish the sequence, take a few moments to lie down and allow your body to relax.
- Rest: After your practice, make sure to rest, hydrate, and refuel your body.
The other part of the weight reduction technique is the Ashtanga yoga. This part of yoga will help in synchronizing the breath of the person with the different set of complicated postures.
These highly effective practices will have the many postures, which will result in keep the body fit and healthy. These are the two type of yoga that are useful in reducing the weight and fat.
How to do ?
- Begin with a warm-up. Ashtanga yoga begins with five repetitions of Surya Namaskar A (Sun Salutation A) and five repetitions of Surya Namaskar B (Sun Salutation B). This is a great way to warm up your body and get ready for the practice.
- Continue with the standing sequence. This includes five standing postures, followed by five seated postures. Each posture is repeated five times.
- Finish with the finishing sequence. This sequence consists of four postures that are repeated five times each.
- End with a cool down. After each practice, it is important to cool down with a few minutes of gentle stretching and relaxation.
- Practice regularly. Ashtanga yoga is best practiced three to five days a week. This gives your body time to rest between practices and helps to build strength and flexibility.
Other Yoga Asanas for weight loss
Other poses include Utkatasana (Chair Pose), Trikonasana (Triangle Pose), Chaturanga Dandasana (Four-Limbed Staff Pose), Ustrasana (Camel Pose), Parivrtta Trikonasana (Revolved Triangle Pose), Marjaryasana (Cat Pose), Ardha Matsyendrasana (Half Lord of the Fishes Pose), and Ardha Chandrasana (Half Moon Pose). Then, Power Yoga is also an effective tool for weight loss. It is a form of high-intensity interval training, which combines both cardiovascular and strength training exercises.
Yoga and Weight Loss
Yoga can help with weight loss in several ways. First, it can help to reduce stress and improve mental well-being, which can lead to better eating habits. Second, it can help to build muscle, which increases metabolism and burns more calories. Finally, yoga can help to increase flexibility, which can lead to more intense workouts and more calorie burning. Additionally, certain yoga poses can target specific areas of the body where excess fat is stored, such as the abdomen, and help to tone and slim down.
A Method to Get Slim & Trim
People are now using it as a tool to develop their body in this faster moving world. The most vital part in the practice of yoga is this will not be useful in burning the calories in a faster manner.
Yoga can help to reduce the weight only at a slower phase. You will get slimmer and thinner by exercising for longer duration of time. So it’s all depends on the significance of your approach towards the yoga.
Even though yoga has the age limit , it all focus on the structure of the posture and the way of practicing. The postures will help in raising the metabolism of your body, reduce the stress, and burn your body’s calories according to their work out. Continuously doing yoga will not lead you to reduce the weight until or unless you are having excellent focus on your mind. You need to control your mind properly which will in turn give you the proper measures.
Slow Result in Weight loss through Yoga
If you are comparing with the sports activities such as swimming, jogging, etc. the amount of calories burnt will be less in yoga. But the significant part is the relaxation in the physical property of the body.
Lifebing is driven by an unrelenting passion for promoting health and well-being, our team is wholly committed to curating exceptional content and immersive experiences.