An increased level of Uric acid in the body causes pain in your feet fingers, ankles, and knees. When this condition occurs it is called Gout Arthritis. Let us discover what increases uric acid in our body.
Causes of Increased uric acid in Body
Excess of Proteins The excessive level of protein in the body is identified to be the main culprit behind this condition. A protein is made up of a combination of amino acids. When protein breaks up during the digestion process, uric acid is formed in the body Which is a kind of antioxidant.
In a general sense, having a limited amount of uric acid in a body is beneficial for health. However, when its volume increases, it travels to other parts of the body with the blood flow and begins to accumulate in the feet, ankles, knees, wrists, and elbows. This uric reacts with blood and form urate crystals causing a pain and swelling in the joints.
Lifestyle Disorder It is a health problem related to disorderly lifestyle. An increased uric acid mostly occur in young men aged 25 to 40 years. In women, this problem is usually seen after 50 years of age.
Food Causing Increased Uric acid TheUric acid increases due to an intake of high quantities of red meat, seafood, red wine, processed cheese, lentils, rajma, mushroom, cauliflower, tomatoes, spinach.
Crash Dieting This problem increases even with more fasting or when you try to lose your weight in a very short span of time.
Improper Kidney Functioning Usually, kidneys release the extra amount of uric acid of the blood through urine, but the people with an improper kidney function can witness a raised level of uric acid in the body due to the ailment.
Kidney Stones If the lining of the person’s kidney inner walls is damaged, then due to the increase in uric acid level, the stones can be formed in the kidneys. In fact, it is the formation of plaque due to increased uric acid on the inner wall of one or both of the renal arteries in the Kidneys that causes Kidney stones.
Besides medication, you can also opt these home remedies to reduce uric acid fast. The following prevention methods will also help you keep uric acid balanced in your body.
- Drink a lot of water as this will flush out an excess of uric acid in the body through urine.
- Apply an ice pack wrapped in a thin cloth to the area of pain to get a relief.
- Eat a balanced diet such that carbohydrate, protein, fat, vitamins and minerals should all be in a limited and balanced amount. The Indian food is considered to be balanced and there is no need to change it much.
- Regular exercise is the easiest way to avoid this problem as it let accumulate extra proteins in the body.
- People with this problem should check uric acid at an interval of six months without quitting their regular medicines.