Dark circles under eyes are a common problem all across gender and age group above 16 years.
It can also occur at a younger age but mostly it is found only in adults. There are many reasons for the dark circles of the eyes.It can be due to hereditary, excessive smoking, inadequate sleep, irregular eating, excessive alcohol intake, pollution or allergies.Then , there may be dark circles due to hormonal imbalances during pregnancy, periods and menopause.
There are many products the market nowadays which can treat the dark circles of the eyes.Some times alum powder is also used for curing dark circles as alum is found to be beneficial in skin whitening.
As most of these products are expensive and have harmful chemicals we will talk about the best home remedies to Get rid of dark circles under eyes .
Home Remedies To Get Rid of Dark Circles Under Eyes
1.Cucumber improves blood circulation under eye
Cucumber is considered to be beneficial in the treatment of dark circles even recommended by skin experts.Its cooling and astringent properties eases puffiness and discourages the accumulation of fluid under your eyes and increase blood circulation under eye.
- Cut a cucumber into thick slices and then keep it in the fridge for some time to cool down.
Now one slice each for 10 to 15 minutes on both your eyes.
After that, wash that area with warm hot water.
Continue this treatment twice a day and dark circles under eyes will vanish.
- Grind a small cucumber and take out the juice and refrigerate it for a few minutes.
Now soak a piece of cotton and apply it around your eyes.
Leave it for 15 minutes so that the skin can absorb that juice well.
Then , wash the skin with light warm hot water.
Repeat this twice a day.
- Yet another solution to remove the dark circles of eyes – Mix the cucumber juice and lemon juice in equal quantity.
Now soak a piece of cotton in it and place it in a dark circle area.
Leave it for 15 minutes and then wash with water.
Do this treatment once a day for 7 days.
2.Potato lightens the dark circles under the eyes
Potatoes have natural bleaching properties which can help to lighten the dark circles under the eyes.
It also helps in curing the puffiness surrounding the eyes.
- Keep two potatoes in the fridge for one hour to cool down.
- Peel it off and make juice by grinding.
- Before sleeping at night, soak a piece of cotton in this juice and apply it on the black circles of the eyes.
Wash it well with warm water in the morning.
- For best results , continue this treatment for two consecutive weeks.
3.Green Tea is dark circle fader
Due to the richness of antioxidants and tannins, green tea bags help a lot in removing the dark circles.The oxidant called tannin present in this cures inflammation and puffiness.
- Boil two green tea bags in one and a half cup water for 10 minutes.
- Take out the tea bags and keep it in the fridge for one and a half hour for cooling.
Place these Tea bags over your eyes for 15 minutes.
- Repeat this treatment twice a day and in 7 days your dark circles are gone !
4.Rose Water removes wrinkles
Rose water is very beneficial to keep skin fresh , glowing and dark circle free. It is a good source of antioxidants that makes skin cells strong reducing fine lines, wrinkles and age spots.
- Soak a piece of cotton in rose water and place it around your eyes.
- After keeping it for 15 minutes, wash with hot water.
- Repeat this every morning and every evening to see improvements in 3 days.
5.Almond oil for youthful eyes
Almond oil helps in fading the dark circle below the eyes.Its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties along retinol, vitamin E, and vitamin K helps to keep the skin soft and youthful.
1.Before sleeping everyday, pour 5-6 almond oil drops on dark circles and massage.Wake up in the morning and wash it with cold water.Do this treatment everyday until the black circles are completely removed.
2.Then, add 5-6 drops of almond oil to one teaspoon of honey.Now, before sleeping, apply it on the black circles of the eyes and keep it overnight.Wake up in the morning and wash it with warm water.
6.Milk is natural moisturizer
Milk contains lactic acid which helps to make the skin soft and moisturizes the skin under the eyes.
Additionally , milk contains proteins, enzymes, amino acids and antioxidants which are essential for maintaining the skin healthy and strong.
To remove dark circles and eye puffiness , milk can be used as a cold compress.
- First, let a cup of milk cool in refrigerator and then soak a piece of cotton in it.
- Now put this cotton on your skin under your eyes.Keep it until it becomes normal from cool.
- Repeat this treatment two to three times a day for 7 days.
7. Tomato’s lightens under eye wrinkles
Tomatoes are also beneficial in removing the dark circles under the eyes.Its antioxidant called lycopene helps to lighten the dark circles.
- Make tomato paste .
Now mix in it one teaspoon lemon juice, one pinch of turmeric and two teaspoons of wheat flour.
- Apply this paste on the dark circles.
- Wash it with warm hot water after 15 minutes
- Repeat this two or three times every week for 7 days.
8.Mint magic works against dark circle too
Mint has a cooling effect which also increases blood flow to the area and can help dark circles fade away.
1.Grind the leaves of a handful of fresh mint leaves and make a paste.
2. Squeeze half piece of lemon into it.
3. Apply this paste on the dark circles.
4. Wash it with hot water after 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Repeat this once in a day for 1 week for best results.
9.Coconut oil cures dark circles fast
Coconut oil helps to moisturize the delicate and thin skin under the eyes.Its application on skin gradually fades and vanishes dark circles under the eyes.
- Before sleeping at night, apply coconut oil on the skin around the eyes massage lightly.
- Keep it overnight and then rinse it with hot water in the morning.
- Continue this treatment daily.This can remove dark under the eyes in a week.
10.Fenugreek seeds maintains skin tone
Seeds of fenugreek have high vitamin C, potassium and proteins which help to fade out the dark circles. More so , it also balances the skin’s pH level and maintains skin tone.
- Dip 2 teaspoons of fenugreek seeds in water for 203 hours.
- Now grind these seeds and make a paste.
- In this paste mix one and a half spoon turmeric powder and one spoon raw milk.
- Apply this paste around your eyes.
- Rinse it with cold water after 15 minutes.
- Repeat this treatment every day.You will see a striking difference in a week.
Regularly follow the above powerful treatments to remove the dark circles below the eyes.In fact , these treatments are very effective and it has no any side effects.